Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Holidays Indeed!

Merry Christmas from Malaysia!
I started thinking months ago about spending the holidays away from my family, and I thought it would just be really weird. It was! I actually miss my family more than I thought I would so it was more sad than I expected as well. Shout out to mami, papi, Cristi, Nata, Po & Ivette! 

We (Alex, Doug, Ashley, Zuugii & I) were invited by different families to spend Christmas with them since we're all so far from home. We had a couple of Christmas dinners in our beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur and took a bus trip up to Penang on Christmas Day to celebrate with a student's family. 

Since the students were on holiday for a study week and we really didn't have much to do, we decided to stay in Penang for a few extra days to see the place we'd heard so much about (great food & a beach)!! It was amazing! We found a cheap, British-style lodge to stay in, spent an afternoon at the beach, tried new dishes, bought some CUTE Indian tops (okay that was just me), and just got to walk around a beautiful, island town. Two of us got sick, Ashley & I got bed bugs from the lodge that we are still trying to get rid of, and our bus back home initially started on the road without Alex but we all made it back home safely and have great memories of our first Christmas in Malaysia!! Lots of love, Alejandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment